Description: The TAZ 5 3D printer from LulzBot represents the latest evolution in high performance desktop 3D printing technology. This 3D printer provides you with a wide range of features that facilitate more consistent, higher quality prints than ever. The TAZ 5 features tetherless printing through an SD card with a versatile, multi-functional graphic LCD controller and boasts a spacious 11.7in x 10.8in x 9.8in print area with a controllable heat bed that can print large items, or many small items.
What can you print with? LulzBot users have many filaments options beyond common plastics like PLA, ABS, and HIPS. The TAZ 5 features the LulzBot Hexagon hot end, which can heat up to 300°C (572°F). Now, the TAZ is capable of printing in even more materials than ever! Exotic filament options like the rubber-like (NinjaFlex) materials can also be used with this 3D printer with the proper tool head.
All LulzBot products are Libre/Open Source Hardware, meaning you can adopt the latest and greatest technology being developed across the 3D printing market. From experimental filament materials and the modeling software of your choice, to new accessories like hot ends and print surfaces—experience the joy of user freedom! LulzBot’s Libre/Open philosophy empowers you to download/print upgrades and replacement parts for your 3D printer, and make whatever modifications you want!
Note: Printing NinjaFlex, and other flexible filaments requires an optional print head found at the LulzBot website, here. Additionally, 3D printing with carbon fiber filaments is not recommended at this time because carbon fiber filaments can degrade both the nozzle and hot end of the LulzBot TAZ 5 Tool Head.
- Overall Dimensions: 680mm x 520mm x 515mm (26.8in x 20.5in x 20.3in)
- Weight: 11kg (24.25lbs)
- Power Requirements: 100 – 240 VAC
- Print Surface: Heated borosilicate glass bed covered with PEI print surface.
- Print Area: 298mm x 275mm x 250mm (11.7in x 10.8in x 9.8in)
- Print Volume: 20,500cm3 (1238 in3) of usable space
- Top Print Speed: 200mm/sec (7.9in/sec)
- Layer Thickness: 0.05mm – 0.5mm (0.002in – 0.0196in)
- Supported Materials: ABS, PLA, HIPS, PVA, wood filled filaments, Polyester (Tritan), PETT, bronze and copper filled filaments, Polycarbonate, Nylon, PETG, conductive PLA and ABS, UV luminescent filaments, PCTPE, and PC-ABS
- Usable Filament Sizes: standard 3mm (0.1in)
- Maximum Operating Temperature:
- Extruder – 300°C (572°F)
- Heated Bed – 120°C (248°F)
- TAZ 5 3D printer and 24V power supply
- LulzBot Hexagon Hot End Tool Head with 0.5mm Nozzle
- Quick Setup Guide
- Filament Feed tube
- Toolkit bag
- 15 Piece Metric Hex Key Set
- Pliers, Needle Nose
- Standard Precision Knife
- Dental Pick
- Flathead Bristle Brush
- Part Removal Knife (clam knife)
- Metric Ruler
- Complete documentation including a detailed manual with information for setup, downloading and using software, and starting your first print. Also includes an in depth manual on using Slic3r software